Please read the following carefully before enrolling
You will receive a full refund of all tuition fees if the course in which you are enrolled is cancelled prior to commencement.
You will receive a full refund of the tuition fees, minus the $200 application Fee and the $200 accommodation placement fees, minus $300 administration fee , if ECA receives certified evidence from Australian Immigration Authorities before commencement of the course that your visa application has been rejected. Refunds for 1) and 2) will be paid within two weeks.
You will receive a full refund of tuition fees minus a $300 administration fee, the $200 application fee, and $200 accommodation placement fee if ECA receives a written notification of the cancellation of your enrolment no later than 30 days before the commencement of your course for any reason other than the rejection of your visa application. In the case of 3) refunds will be paid within four weeks of receipt of written claim.
You will receive 70% of the tuition fees minus the $200 application fee and $200 accommodation placement fee if ECA receives written notification of your cancellation less than 30 days prior to the course commencement date. In the case of 4) refunds will be paid within four weeks of receipt of written claim.
All refunds will be forwarded directly to your bank account in your home country, or, if you enrolled through an agent, the refund will be paid through that agent. Any bank charges incurred will be deducted from the refund. All requests for refunds must be in writing.
Grounds for Deferment, Suspension or Cancellation of Enrolment
The National Code 2018 outlines a limited number of situations in which you may request a suspension or deferral of your studies
You may request a deferral or suspension of your studies when:
- You can document a death in your immediate family
- You can document a medical or psychological condition which prevents you from studying
- You can document the experience of a traumatic event which has made studying difficult
Your course can be suspended or cancelled by ECA if attendance or behaviour requirements are not met. Australian immigration rules require good attendance as a requirement of a student visa. If through absence or lateness your attendance drops below 85%, you will receive an attendance warning letter. This letter will require you to meet with the ECA director to explain your poor attendance. At this point, the ECA director will work with you to find a way to improve your attendance. If it drops below 80%, ECA will send you final warning letter. You will then have 20 days to appeal through the internal appeals process. If the internal appeals process indicates that the attendance was reported correctly and that you don’t have evidence of medical reasons for your poor attendance, you will be reported to DOHA and you will not be able to attend classes at this point.
Enrolment at ECA may also be suspended or cancelled for failure to pay course fees.
Deferral or suspension of your course may affect your visa. Please consult the Department of Home Affairs for further information.
Conditions of Enrolment
- I understand and accept the terms of the English College of Adelaide’s refund policy.
- I understand that some courses require a prerequisite level of English language for entry.
- I understand that I will be tested on the commencement of my course and placed in a class at the appropriate English language level.
- I understand that I must complete all class work, assignments, activities and assessments in order to maintain satisfactory progress.
- I understand that I must attend at least 80% of my course, and that if I fail to do so I will be reported to the Australian Government.
- I understand that I must tell the English College of Adelaide immediately if I change my address.
- I understand that I cannot change my school during the course without a written letter of release from the English College of Adelaide.
- I have read the regulations of the English College of Adelaide and agree to abide by them.
- I am aware that I must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for myself, my partner and my dependant children for the duration of my stay in Australia.
- I am aware that school-aged dependants accompanying me will be required to pay full fees at a private or government school in Australia.
- I understand that my personal information may be shared with the Australian Government, designated authorities, the Tuition Assurance Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. This information may include personal and contact details, course enrolment details and changes, and circumstances of any suspected breach by the student of a student visa condition.
- I consent to the English College of Adelaide using Visa Entitlement Verification Online to access information about my study and work entitlements.
- I will arrive at ECA by 8:45am on the first day of my course for the orientation program.
- If I am under 18 years of age, I agree that the English College of Adelaide can share information about my course and progress with my parents and recruiting agent.
- I acknowledge the English College of Adelaide’s right to change it’s fees and conditions, cancel or defer courses, and to alter course timetables and class locations at any time without notice.